Monday, March 11, 2019

Assignment 18A – Create a Customer Avatar


Assignment 18A – Create a Customer Avatar

            My avatar is pictured below. She is a 22 year old graduating senior at University of Florida. She just turned 22 and can’t imagine getting any older than that. Before moving to Florida for college, she lived in New Jersey her entire life. She grew up in a large, social family. With two younger brothers and one younger sister; she is never bored being home. As an extrovert, she has always had a large friend group and enjoys being social as much as possible. Some her favorite things to do in her free time are going downtown to enjoy Depot Park, heading to midtown for a night out with friends, or going to Southwest to play beach volleyball.
            She has a 2017 white Mazda CX-3 with her at school, but prefers to get around campus with her pink Wolf Islander scooter. She enjoys watching reality TV shows like Keeping Up with the Kardashians and The Bachelor. Whenever she has time to herself she likes to find a popular book to read. Right now she is reading Crazy Rich Asians, which she discovered after watching the movie. As much as she enjoys watching Netflix and hanging out with friends, part of her days are spent studying for her final Marketing courses. She accepted a job in New York after graduation working in buying and wants to get the best grades possible before then.
            Growing up, she did not have strict rules on hanging out with friends and drinking. She went into college going out as much as she could, and in her Spring semester of senior year she is going out the most she ever has. Her and her friends enjoy going downtown for drinks and dinner, and then midtown for the rest of the night. Some of her favorite bars are Rowdy’s, Social, and JJ’s Tavern. She often gets frustrated at how earlier her and her friends are forced to go out now because of the long lines and crowds at midtown, but still enjoys it. But, she is always eager for a new place to adventure to.

What do I have in common with her? I am also a graduating senior at University of Florida who enjoys going out to downtown and midtown with friends. Even though it’s not always my first choice, I have tried to say “yes” to as many social situations as I can handle in my last semester, just like her. Aside from hanging out with friends, I also like reading as much as I can and studying for my final Finance classes.

I don’t think this is a coincidence. This idea came to me because it was something that was bothering me this year. There is unused space in midtown and there is a need for a new, unique bar there. I have talked to other college students also have this issue, including girls who are similar to me.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa, I think your created avatar and her corresponding qualities are exactly what the customers you are targeting would typically be like. I can totally relate to your avatar and this market you are tapping into as I agree there are not enough bars in midtown to accommodate the large night life! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the avatar you described was very detailed with everything. Reading your post, I got a good grasp on her personality and what the issue means to her. Since this issue resonates with you, especially recently, it makes a lot of sense that she shares a lot in common with you. I would say that you should give a name for the avatar. It is simple and gives another dimension after we know so much. It isn’t that important for a general idea of the prototypical customer, but it is an idea. It is great you have an idea and can relate well with her. It makes it so you can understand what would be best for your customer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alyssa,
    I think your avatar perfectly describes the type of students that would enjoy having a new bar at midtown. Someone who is outgoing and enjoys socializing on the weekends would be a lot more interested in a new bar or restaurant in mid town than more introverts. I think that you being a college student here and understanding how the lines in most of the midtown bars are effecting a college student’s social scene is very important when pitching this idea.

    ReplyDelete